Monday, February 11, 2013

How to Wear a Button Up: Sweater Set


            Today is the third installment of my “How to Wear A Button Up” salute to Lauren from My Closet in Sketches. Here is the sketch from which I drew inspiration:

I love a button up under a sweater. For this post- I started with the sweater. I selected my J Crew marigold cable knit pull over, which I recently thrifted. This sweater fits quite snuggly in the arms, so adding another layer underneath isn’t an option. As a result, I paired it with my white button up from Ann Taylor, which is actually sleeveless. I had the foresight to keep this button up out for just this very reason!

            To go along with my sweater, I picked my Talbots wrap skirt, which went with the preppy tone of the sweater. To finish the outfit, I added some opaque tights in a neutral color for balance (and warmth) and my yellow smoking loafers. Classic accessories such as a pearl necklace and a silver broach add visual interest. 




            Stay tuned for the last 3 installments of How to Wear A Button Up in the coming Mondays! Also, see how I wore these smoking loafers before HERE & HERE!

Thriftfully Yours,
B


No comments:

Post a Comment