Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Thrifty Threads: Part II of a GW Shopping Review



1. B. Moss Red and Black Plaid Skirt            $4.00
When I started out on my GW trek last week, I had one piece in mind: A plaid skirt. I try not to go thrifting with a particular piece in mind because the selection is so varied, but I work at an Irish pub and we wear plaid skirts (or kilts) and I’m SO bored of the one I’ve been wearing. I was lucky enough to snag this red plaid skirt by B. Moss.


2. Arizona Biltmore Vintage Cream Sweater             $4.00
            As I mentioned in my last post, I’ve been hunting for some winter sweaters. A while back, I snagged a teal colored vintage Outdoor Country Club sweater at the Junior League and I loved the history attached to it. This sweater is equally cozy and historic. I Googled “Arizona Biltmore” and found out that it’s a luxury hotel in Arizona that opened in 1929. (Check out the website HERE and swoon over the beautiful photos!)


3. Sonoma Tan T-Strap Heels            $6.00
            These heels are in excellent condition and I couldn’t pass them up! I rarely wear heels, but I thought they were a great classic shoe that would be appropriate for a number of situations. For six bucks, what lady wouldn’t want a new pair of shoes?


4. Merona Brown Cap Toe Mary Jane Heels            $7.00
            I spotted this pair at Target some time ago, but for $30 new, I couldn’t rationalize buying a shoe I wouldn’t wear a lot. Luckily, a number of other women also passed them by and the ended up, new with tags, at Goodwill. They have a great vintage inspired look and the heel is a reasonable height.

I can’t wait to incorporate all these pieces into my wardrobe! I’m already dreaming up ways to pair them with my existing pieces.
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment