Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fashion Practice






            Yes, these photos were taken in December. Yes, in Pennsylvania. Yes, my legs are bare! It was just around 70 degrees for a couple of days up here and I decided to make the best of it! These two tops I recently thrifted were hanging near each other in my closet and inspiration struck!
            When I started reading fashion blogs, print mixing stumped me. I wasn’t sure how I felt about it, or how to do it. The beautiful balance achieved by my favorite fashionistas seemed outside of my abilities. When I looked in my closet, all my prints seemed to clash. Not about to give up, I started practicing. Yes—practice. Just like any other skill, putting together good and fashionable outfits can be improved.
            All that practice paid off, and print mixing has become pretty much a daily occurrence (You can see my most successful print mixing outfits HERE and HERE). Today’s outfit features a very small gingham and a medium sized stripe.
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment