Saturday, November 17, 2012

Weekend Watch: VII

            As I did last weekend, I am focusing on one affordable store for this week’s Weekend Watch post: Target. This brand is participating in many of this seasons trends such as unexpected leather accents and incorporated sequins. * Please note that many of these items are new and some were not in my store when I went to “visit” them to check for quality and in-personal appearance. *


Leather Details Okay, so Target isn’t carrying leather, per se, but rather leatherette, and quite frankly, from what I have seen of their fall leatherette, it’s a pretty good dupe for the price. (Certainly nothing like the “pleather” I remember from the 90s--ew.) If you want to try this trend but aren’t 100% committed, I would suggest the navy pencil skirt ($25) or Bordeaux dress ($35).  The leather accents are small and add visual interest without being too bold. For those fashionistas looking to indulge this trend a bit more, I suggest the black pencil skirt ($17) with leather panels or a leatherette legging (not pictured).




Sparkle & Shine My love for sequins has been at an all-time high recently-- just check out my recent Pinterest pins HERE. The holidays are a great time to incorporate this somewhat dressy detail into your everyday wardrobe. These two sweaters from Target were available during my visit and I loved both in person. In fact, it seemed as though they were pretty popular—many sizes were sold out at the time of my visit. The sequins seem to be well secured to withstand washing. Both sweaters could work equally well with jeans as with a more dressy skirt, and that makes them highly desirable to me! They retail for $30 each (Black/White or Orange).


Fancy Flats With the weather beginning to vary throughout the day (as it often does in fall and winter), I generally stick to wearing flats or boots. My collection of flats is severely lacking, so I wanted to scope out some fun options for myself. The black flat on the left ($20) has three details I am crazy about: quilting, a bow, and a patent leather cap toe—can you say très chic? Perfect with everything. The shoe on the right ($20) is a bit more dramatic--the jewels are eye catching, yet the hue is still neutral, making it versatile.


Tell me readers, Are you wearing any of these trends this fall? Comment, email me (BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com) or tweet me (BsGoodwillHunt).

Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment