Friday, November 16, 2012

How to: Extend Garment Use




            Despite being a print lover, I value the importance of basic pieces in neutral colors. By owning a variety of pieces in the same hue, I can recreate similar looks throughout multiple seasons. For example, black is a neutral color. My wardrobe contains the following basic black pieces: shorts, capris, pants, pencil skirt, mini skirt, maxi skirt and LBD. All of these pieces can be paired with the same tops. This means if I have a top that goes well with black, I have extended its possible wear by 6 or 7 times.

            Today’s outfit uses this concept by capitalizing on the on the versatility of grey. I wore this polka dot top in THIS post with a grey mini skirt. For fall, I paired it with grey pants. By utilizing the same color story, I was about to recreate a favorite outfit for a new season.

Tell me readers, Do you own a multitude of basics in one color? Comment, email me (BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com) or tweet me (BsGoodwillHunt)

Thriftfully Yours,
B


No comments:

Post a Comment