Saturday, October 13, 2012

Weekend Watch: V

Welcome to the 5th edition of Weekend Watch! This week I cover novelty sweaters, fun spins on basic bottoms, and leatherette.

Both of these sweaters are from Forever 21 and retail for around $23 each. I love prints and this blue elephant sweater is so sweet. I love that they styled it this way- over a collared shirt.
The second I saw this “Pardon my French” sweater, I knew I had to check it out in person. Sadly, when I visited, they were out! Seems like everyone had the same idea. Kate Spade had a shirt in the latest collection with the same phrase (which, I’m sure, is why F21 is manufacturing it).



These playful bottoms are both from JC Penny. Both pieces retail for $25. I LOVE the print on this skirt- great with many different color tops. I own so many printed tops that I would probably pass on this for my own collection, but it’s definitely a statement piece!
The tuxedo pants, on the other hand, are a piece I would use in my wardrobe. I have been a fan of skinny jeans for years, and just now I am beginning a search slim leg work appropriate pants- starting with black ones. I want to go visit these soon


 
Leatherette (aka pleather) has really been improving since it’s arrival on the market as an alternative to authentic leather. Both of these pieces are from Target. I spotted this bias-zip deep teal leatherette jacket with faux-fur collar on the last visit to Target. I’ve been toying with the idea of buying a black or cognac colored moto jacket- but it has to be warm. This one is definitely on the lighter side- more appropriate for fall or early spring. Target has a number of different leatherette pieces and a few of them are truly amazing leather substitutes- so buttery and real feeling. This coat retails for around $40.
This cute Fox coin purse is only $7 and comes with a few other animal faces (like owls!). I don’t presently have a use for it- but I had to share it with all of you! Someone buy this cutie thing, people!
Tell me readers, Did you come across something cute that I missed this week? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment