Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thrifty Threads: A Salvation Army Shopping Review


Mom & I ventured to a neighboring town to see what 50% off Wednesday was like at another SalVal. It was PACKED! I snagged two items on my fashion wish list and another “bonus” piece. Here they are!

1. Pineapple khaki Capri- The brand on these isn’t great, but for a few bucks, I love an embroidered piece. J Crew makes similar pieces for around the $50 range.
2. A blue Oxford has been on my list since I first drafted it! This is a ¾ sleeve top by Lands’ End, making it a great quality piece. It needs a little tailoring. I’m still keeping my eyes open for a long sleeved one at a good price.
3. Finally, the Pièce de résistance, the collarless jacket. It didn’t look like this when I found it. It was scary and extra furry looking. I snagged it for $6 and gave it a haircut. 

I put together a little visual for collarless jackets just a few days before my trip and I think the fashion goddesses saw it!
(Photo credit: Top R- White House | Black Market, Sarah Vickers from Classy Girls Wear Pearls, and Forever21)

 They smiled down on me and planted a beautiful collarless jacket in the racks for me. It’s currently being dry cleaned, and I can’t wait to wear it once it’s back (and less smelly).
Tell me readers, Are you feeling the collarless jacket trend? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment