Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sassy Tights

 Blue Oxford- Lands’ End (via Salvation Army) ~$3
Grey skirt- LOFT (via Goodwill) ~$4
Gold strand necklace- Consignment $3
Fancy tights- Target ~$7 (on sale)
Maroon velvet loafers- (via Salvation Army) $3
TOTAL COST: $20

         It cracks me up that the most pricy piece of this outfit were the tights! How hilarious! It’s because they were the only thing purchased new (and they were a sale item). These tights, I think they’re Merona brand, last FOREVER. I don’t even hand wash them- I pop them into the machine and they come out with no problems! It’s a miracle. I own around 6 pairs of different patterns of this style of stocking. Highly recommended.
            In other news, I finally found the blue oxford I was looking for. However, it’s ¾ sleeve, so I might want to continue hunting for the Ralph Lauren long sleeve top I’d been originally searching for. This skirt was cute when I bought it, but it needed an upgrade. I replaced all 8 buttons by hand with these beautiful brushed nickel ones with crest design. So worth it- it’s made it look much more expensive, in my opinion.
Tell me readers, Have you ever swapped out buttons or other features of a garment to change the look? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment