Friday, October 19, 2012

Perfect Fit



Maroon long sleeve top- J Jill (via Goodwill) ~$3.50
Fair Isle Cardigan- St. John’s Bay ~$7 (on sale)
Wide leg jeans- Gap (via Goodwill) ~$6
Deer antler necklace- gift (similar items available on ebay and etsy)
Chestnut boots- UGGs (gift)
TOTAL COST: $16.50

            I love to be warm and as a result, I own many cardigans. This one I snagged on mega clearance last season. It’s large enough that I can easily wear it over long sleeves which is great as the weather here goes form cool to cold. I generally don’t like hoods on things other than hooded sweatshirts or a coat, but I made an exception for this one because it was such a great deal.
            As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not really a big jeans wearer. I have a few pairs of skinny jeans that I really like, and I tend to stick with those. This pair, while not my favorite silhouette, is a high quality pair in a great wash that I snagged for a fraction of the retail cost. Additionally, I, like many women, struggle with an appropriate fit in pants, especially jeans. Something I love about shopping second hand is that because most clothes have been preowned, they are prewashed. These jeans are not going to shrink- the size they were when I bought them is the size they are now, years later. Which is more than I can say for jeans you buy new in store!
Tell me readers, Have you ever bought something new only to bring it home, wash it, and have it shrink or change drastically in appearance? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment