Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kindred Spirits



Teal sweater- Ann Taylor (via Junior League) ~$7
Snow leopard skinny pant- City Streets (JC Penny) ~$20
Brown leather braided belt- Vintage (from mom)
Tan moccasin- Lamb (The Shoe Department) ~$20
TOTAL: $47

            I love this sweater. I bought it over the summer when the Junior League was selling this 100% silk piece for just $7. It really doesn’t look like anything special but I have some strange special connection to it. I wonder who owned it before me? Perhaps we’re kindred spirits. Anyway, I finally got to wear it as it’s been a bit cooler. I love the pairing of textures in this outfit. Mixing prints is an art, but mixing textures is also a skill. I love these printed pants, but rarely wear them! They are so memorable that I feel the need to wait long periods of time between wears. Am I giving too much observational credit to my classmates?
            If you read this blog on the regular, you may notice that I RARELY wear my hair up. I think I look funny (read: bald) and it also hurts my head to wear it up for extended periods of time. On this day, I was headed to class after a bridal photo shoot and left my hair and make up from the shoot on all day. I’ll include a few behind the scenes pictures at the bottom.
Tell me readers, Do you think there should be a waiting period between wears for really loud or memorable pieces? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully yours,
B
PS Does this outfit sort of remind you of this J Crew ensemble? Unintentional, but I guess not subconsciously!

Photo Shoot Pictures
Photo from Tina Dolin

No comments:

Post a Comment