Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekend Watch

Hello Readers! Welcome to my new blog "segment"- Weekend Watch. I have not been posting on weekends (mostly due to scheduling and lack of profound outfits) but I still wanted to post. Rather than just blab on about my life, I decided to do something fashion related, and this idea was born.
This week, I'm pulling my most recent fashion pins from Pinterest and making a full post about it. Of course, in line with the whole thrifty theme of my blog, I am selecting items that will (usually) be under $30 an item. My general rule is under $20 for new pieces, but I'm making an exception so I can cover a slightly larger price range. Enjoy!
This is a Lauren Conrad for Kohl's polka dot blazer. The polka dot craze is still going strong and I LOVE this piece. It's presently on sale for $35 (Oops, already broke my rule, sorry!). What a great deal (originally $70, wowza)

 This Old Navy plaid shirt is an excellent (cheaper) alternative to this PiperLime version worn by Sarah Vickers of Classy Girls Wear Pearls. I love the green color on both shirts and I think it looks great with denim. This piece is on sale for $16.50. Haven't checked the fit or quality in person. Old Navy is hit or miss in that department, so I NEVER recommend online buying, only online looking.
 These dresses by Mossimo (at Target) are $25 (on sale right now!) and come in this bright pink and more subdued grey. Love both! I have to try it on for length, but this is one of my favorite's from this week's Watch. I wish there were more color options.

 The next two options are both from Forever21. The striped top is SUCH a J Crew rip off but hey, that's my favorite kind of rip off. Nautical stripes and shoulder button detailing? YAY!
The stripped dress is SO Megan Draper (of Mad Men) singing in a Parisian night club, no? I'd NEVER have anywhere to wear it, but I HAD to share it!
 Finally, these Target skirts come in at least 8 colors and are less than $20! Great deal. Will be trying these on soon. It's all about the fit and the length- again, no online ordering for me!

There you have it, readers, my first ever Weekend Watch! I hope you enjoyed my selections for the week.
Spot something great that I missed? Tell me about it! Email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet to me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment