Thursday, September 13, 2012

To Donate or Not to Donate- That is the Question



Pink ruffle top- Target (via Salvation Army) ~$2
Tan skirt with embroidery- Ann Taylor LOFT (via Goodwill) ~$4
Bauble necklace- JEWELIQ (gift, retails for $25)
Tan sandals- Target ~$20
TOTAL COST: $26

            This top is just the cutest, right? Though it’s season is just about over so I hurried to wear it before fall takes over. It’s light weight but not too sheer. It’s a Target brand (maybe Mossimo?) which I generally do not buy at a thrift store, but I made an exception (it was 50% off Wednesday). I loved how it pulled the pink details out of this tan LOFT skirt that I’ve had for a while now. I always get compliments when I wear it, but I never immediately pull it out of my closet with joy, feeling “I must wear this skirt today!” It just doesn’t happen. I figured I’ll wear it a few times in fall and decide if it’s time to re-donate it or not. Finally, I topped off the outfit with my JEWELIQ bauble necklace (in Crème Brulee) because I thought the v-neck on this top made the perfect frame for a necklace this shape.
Tell me readers, What items to do hold on to even when they’re not your favorites? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

1 comment: