Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chic Shift



Tan shift dress- NY & Co (via Salvation Army) $3
Pink flower- Handmade (a gift J )
Green velvet skinny belt- Target (via Goodwill) ~$1
Black gladiator sandals- Ruff Hewn ~$13

TOTAL COST: $17

            It’s been very hot recently, so I’ve been making an attempt to wear some summer clothes before it’s time to pack them up. I recently picked up this dress at Salvation Army and I love it.
 I will wear it belted or unbelted. Casual or dressy. I wish it were a bit longer because as is, I can only wear this in certain settings.
          Let's briefly talk about hem lines. I know I've mentioned before that I have quite lanky arms and often shorts don't meet the "finger tip" rule of appropriateness and modesty. However, now that I am a University student, I am less concerned about these rules (somewhat) but only when it comes to shorts. You see, if I were wearing shorts the same length as this dress, I could bend over, squat down, sit cross-legged, etc but I certainly cannot do this in this dress. I am quite particular about the hem lines of dresses and skirts because with long legs, trust me, they are going to appear even shorter. In store, I would never buy this dress, but for around $3 at SalVal, it's kinda like- why not?
   
           The previous owner had it altered to make it slimmer under the arms and it wouldn’t fit me this well if it hadn’t been taken in. Another point for thrift shopping! These shoes are an excellent match styleistically with the dress.

Tell me readers, What pieces are you rushing to wear before the season changes? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment