Friday, August 31, 2012

Goodwill Goodies: A Shopping Recap


Since it’s time for back to school (& work) for mom and I, we did double duty with back to back thrift store visits before we get too busy to search the racks. On our first day, we hit our local GW. As I mentioned in my last few shopping recap posts, I am trying to focus on fall fashions when I’m shopping since it’s fast approaching. Again, I was lured in by a few summery pieces but did manage some fall ones also. Here’s the recap!
(Starting Top L square, moving clockwise)

1. I’m not sure what my obsession is with heather grey, but it lives on! This Eddie Bauer tank top with cream detailing is more fun than a plain grey tank but is still versatile. I plan on using it as a layering piece in the fall.
2. This skinny striped Banana Republic tank is another piece I felt would transition well to fall. I also feel like the colors and shape a bit more grown up than some of my other tank tops, which is a plus as well.
3. Most of the Goodwill’s I have been to often get left overs from Target. These swim bottoms are NWOT and are preppy and nautical (two things I LOVE). However, upon arriving home, I realized I don’t have any tops that coordinate. Boo. Hoping I can find a navy and white top with anchors on it at a final sale somewhere soon J
4. I’ve relapsed, readers. I bought ANOTHER secretary blouse and it’s not even a solid color (which I proclaimed would be the only other one’s I would be on the look out for). I couldn’t resist! It’s navy blue with red and light blue abstract spots on it, AND it has a peter pan style collar. Couldn’t resist. I now have TEN- Oops?
5. Oh LOFT- How I love thee. These patterned capris are so fun and fit very well. I’m excited to wear them well into fall. Wondering how I could pattern mix them… Stripes?

Tell me readers, Where do you like to buy your bathing suites? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet to me, BsGoodwillHunt

Thriftfully Yours, B

No comments:

Post a Comment