Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pastel Princess or Easter Egg?


White, frill collar tank- Ann Taylor LOFT outlet ~$20
Purple shorts- Land N Sea (via TJ Maxx) ~$15 
Light green ¾ cardi- No tags (via Goodwill) ~$3.50
Silk scarf- Vera Bradley (gift)
Pink sneakers- Keds ~$20
TOTAL COST: Approx. $58.50

            I want to wear these purple shorts weekly but I have restrained, dear readers, so that you can see more of my wardrobe. That has been a very happy side effect of documenting my outfits- I am wearing much more of my collection. Even with hundreds of choices, I have favorites that I feel pulled to wear again and again. I never know when something I buy, new or thrifted, is going to become a favorite- I mean, I liked it enough to buy it, didn’t I? I hate to boil it down to only a few factors but I assume versatility, wearibility and flexibility are all important to consider. These shorts are definitely all three!
            I look a little like an Easter egg, which I gracefully accept. This isn’t a color palate I wear a lot, I prefer bold or deep colors, so it’s refreshing to pair a few pastels together for a new vibe. Something is missing though— frilly socks that all the little girls wear to church. Do they sell these for adults? I guess I should Google that…
Tell me readers, Do you think wearing multiple pastels automatically makes you look like your fashion inspiration was the Easter bunny? Inbox or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com

Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment